DSI STT Ceramic Tissue Trimmer is an efficient alternative to scalpels and piezo-electric surgery. It has a friction-grip shank and can be used with a high-speed turbine, like any other FG bur. The recommended operating speed is 300.000 rpm. DSI STT applied at a 90° angle to the gingival surface with a light brushing motion. Given the high manufacturing precision you will enjoy optimal control. Contrary to conventional tissue trimmers on the market with a round/tapered tip, DSI STT features a sharp conical-shaped tip. It allows you to make a smaller cut when needed and improves the operating precision. The tip is made of special ceramic consisting of yttrium-stabilized nano-structure zirconia. It will heat up because of the tissue friction to achieve immediate tissue coagulation at the surface of the cut and will prevent bleeding almost entirely. But in contrast with metals, it does not overheat, so no water cooling is used. Both the tip and the surface will not dull, thus guaranteeing a long service life.
DSI STT precision tissue trimmer is highly break-resistant and is able to withstand extreme pressure. The sterilization process is identical to that of other surgical instruments.
- Contouring of gingiva for cosmetics.
- Contouring of inflamed gingival soft tissue.
- Widening the sulcus for fixed prosthodontic impressions.
- Exposing deep cervical caries or external resorption.
- Recovering intraosseous implants.
- Exposing partially erupted wisdom / fractured teeth.
- Excising granulation tissue.
- Crown lengthening.
- Made from biocompatible highest quality zirconia
- Can replace both surgical blades and piezo-surgery
- Eliminates the use of retraction cord
- Allow working without water spray in the air turbine handpiece under full speed
- Thin and precise, it’s operated with a small brush depicting movements
- Secures a nice and gentle cut
- Moderate heat development creates a hemostasis effect
- Minimize bleeding and the risk of necrosis.