DSI Silver Sponge is a gelatin collagen sponge of hemostatic action with the addition of 5% colloidal silver. It is used in a wide range of surgical procedures, where traditional hemostatic measures are irrelevant, or inappropriate. The evenly porous foam structure of DSI Silver Sponge absorbs its own weight several times over, promotes thrombocyte aggregation due to the large surface and fills the wound cavity like a plug. DSI Silver Sponge provides optimum wound treatment and can be cut when applied to a surgical cavity, to fit any size. When implanted, DSI Silver Sponge is completely absorbed within 2 weeks. The addition of colloidal silver has an antimicrobial effect and virtually no reaction or resistance. Unlike many other bacteriocide substances, silver from DSI Silver Sponge is not washed away, so last-lasting depot effect with continuous silver ions release is achieved
• Seals up the bleeding tissues immediately.
• Perfectly sized for use in dentistry.
• Presaturated with colloidal silver.
• Excellent bio-compatibility.
• No side effects aid the healing process.
• Prevents blood loss and hemorrhage.
• Reduces chair time.
• Kills bacteria with a long-lasting effect.
• Purified first-grade gelatin, iodoform-free.
• On operating tissues – it controls oozing and seals up the bleeding tissues immediately.
• Socket extraction as apart of the implant placement.
• General treatment of alveoli and wounds after cystostomy, apical amputation, sinus perforations.
• Follow-up treatment for surgical removal of tumors or retained teeth.
• Prophylaxis of wound infections.
• Prevention of secondary cavity formation.
DSPS-24 – Silver Sponge in Sterile Blister (7x7x14 blocks) 24pcs